Bowden or Direct
Finally a Bowden Genuine J-head™ hotend designed properly from the ground up to give you an excellent printing experience.
With all the speed you've come to expect from J-head™ hotends, a Bowden keeps the weight off your printer's carriage allowing you to go even faster!
Genuine J-Head™ hotends print consistently faster and are more reliable with none of the issues brought on by all-metal construction.
Genuine J-Head™ hotends have been around for a while with the mounting groove now a standard in the industry. J-Head™ hotends have helped set the standard.
Genuine J-Head™ hotends consistently print at lower temps due to the way they are constructed.
+ MANY MORE
Please note: The maximum operating temperature is 248 degrees Celsius as PEEK will soften at 250 degrees Celsius. Due to many variables, affecting the accuracy of the temperature readings and settings, caution is recommended when extruding at temperatures approaching this limit.
(PLA will require a small fan to provide air-flow through the cooling vents milled in the sides of the nozzle holder.)
- Extending from the mounting groove the hotend is over 13mm shorter than the Mk IV-B and earlier J-Head™ hot-ends. This will increase the height of your print area.
- Longer melt zone to reduce the temperature required for extrusion.
- The top portion, of the melt zone, is insulated by the lower part of the PEEK nozzle holder.
- The lower taper, on the PTFE liner, is no longer required. As a result, the liner can be tighted considerably without fear of jamming the hot-end.
Internally, the filament path is identical to that of an already proven design.
The design is simple as the number of custom machined parts is kept to a minimum.
The PTFE is not stressed nor used to provide support.
This reduces a point of failure that is part of other hotend designs.
Heat transmission is improved as there is no thermal junction where a separate heater screws onto the nozzle.
- Assembled Genuine J Head™ 10 Hot-End.
- Heater cartridge
- Thermistor, 100k, 3%
- PTFE Insulation for the thermistor
- Allen wrench
- Insert thermistor into thermistor hole. Secure resistor with Kapton Tape.
- Solder thermistor leads to appropriate wires/connectors as required by your electronics.
- Mount to carriage with the mounting groove.
Suggested Items (Not Included)
- High-temperature wire for resistor, McMaster Part No. 8209K11 (or equivalent)
- Kapton tape for thermistor mounting
Links For More Information